CLARITHROMYCIN (Biaxin, Bioclar, Crixan, Claritron, Clarihexal) - is a wide-spectrum antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections, such as strep throat, pneumonia, skin infections, H. pylori infection, and Lyme disease, and others. It is active against:
- Aerobic Gram-positive bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes
- Aerobic Gram-negative bacteria: Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis
- Helicobacter: Helicobacter pylori
- Mycobacteria: Mycobacterium avium avium, Mycobacterium intracellulare
- Other bacteria: Chlamydia pneumoniae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae
INDICATION FOR USE
- Infections of the lower respiratory tract (including bronchitis, pneumonia)
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract (including pharyngitis, sinusitis)
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues (including folliculitis, erysipelas)
- Mycobacterial infections caused by Mycobacterium avium and Mycobacterium intracellulare
- Infections caused by Mycobacterium fortuitum and Mycobacterium kansasii
- Prevention of the spread of infection caused by the complex Mycobacterium avium (MAC-infection) in HIV-infected patients with a CD4 count of lymphocytes no more than 100 / μL
- Eradicate Helicobacter pylori in order to reduce the frequency of relapses of peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum
- Odontogenic infections
INSTRUCTION FOR USE
Clarithromycin comes in the form of tablets for oral administration. Active substance: clarithromycin - 250mg, 500mg
Recommendations for use: 250-500mg 2 times/day. Treatment duration depends on the type and degree of patient's disease.
PRODUCER: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, OBL Pharm, Wertex, Abbott
NOTE: Please consult your physician prior to using this or any other nutritional supplements or medications.
Please, contact us if you have any questions.